Volunteers are an Essential Part of Mary Ryder Home
Resident Experience Become part of our family by joining our residents in group activities or in a one-on-one setting.
- Social groups (book club, choir, movie night)
- Game days (bingo, bunco, Wii bowl and more)
- Arts & Crafts (holiday decor crafting)
- Beauty day (new hair do's, painted fingernails)
- Holiday parties
- Picnics and BBQs
- Field trip day (shopping trip, sporting event, etc.)
- Visitor and pet companionship
- Pen pals
Facility Projects If you're handy or have a flair for aesthetics, you could help us with activities related to maintaining the Home.
- Gardening (mulching, planting, trimming, plan the garden)
- Handyman (minor repairs and patch painting)
- Holiday decorating
- Staging (re-arrange furniture and organize files)
- Stitch fix (mending or hemming clothes)
- Tours (share our home with new residents, potential family and donors)
Fundraising & Special Events It's so much more than raising funds... it's raising hope and happiness!
- Shopper (look for great prices and make purchases on our behalf )
- Special events committee (solicit sponsorships and auction items, assist with planning and execution, decorate, send acknowledgement letters)
- Special events volunteers
Talent Share & Expert Knowledge Do you have a special skill or talent you would like to share with our residents? Do you play an instrument and want to perform? Do you have a wealth of knowledge on a certain topic? Perhaps you'd like to teach a class or become one of our expert volunteers!
- Performances (show off your talent)
- Computer classes (teach a small group computer and internet basics)
- Movement classes (yoga, walking group)
- Storytelling (read aloud)
- Expert volunteers (emergency experts like EMTs, gardeners, choir directors, clerical assistant)
Or create your own opportunity Contact us with your ideas!